The cost of eye surgery can vary depending on the area of the country in which LASIK is performed and the degree of your refractive error. It is important to remember that you should not base your choice of a LASIK surgeon solely on the cost of LASIK eye surgery. A less skilled ophthalmologist may charge less for LASIK, but he or she may not have the same experience, training, or precise equipment.
Although a higher price does not necessarily guarantee the best care, many experts recommend avoiding discount laser eye surgery centers with aggressive advertising campaigns. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
At Clear Advantage we offer several procedures to decrease or eliminate your need for glasses and/or contact lenses. Although a full evaluation is the only way to determine your candidacy for a procedure, we spend the time with you to determine what procedure is best for your specific needs. Call us today and we will be delighted to speak with you about discounts that may apply and quote you a price before an evaluation.
Be aware of hidden costs
Many of our competitors have patients come to their office for an hour to meet with a technician and do preliminary tests. The patient is then required to return to the office for a two hour exam to conduct dilation tests and meet with the LASIK doctor who will determine if the patient is a candidate for surgery The surgery must then be booked when the patient is no longer dilated, which in some cases, can be several days later. At Clear Advantage, our evaluation is one appointment and lasts between 45 minutes to an hour. During your visit you will meet with the doctor, go through a complete examination, and be able to evaluate the procedure that is right for you – and you can often book surgery the same week! This not only adds up to cost savings, but a time save too.
Here are some questions you may want to ask when looking into LASIK:
• Be sure that your price includes a complete evaluation with preoperative tests to determine candidacy for eye surgery. This should include an assessment of your pupil size, corneal thickness, Orbscan topography, and wavefront scan. It is important that your evaluation include a complete undilated and dilated exam.
• Is the cost on both eyes (if both eyes require correction)?
• Does your cost include all post-operative care for 1 year? This includes follow up appointments after surgery (1-day, 1-week, 1-month, 3-months and 1-year).
• If there are any unplanned occurrences after surgery will this be covered through your fees? (Examples include - dry eye treatments such as punctual plugs, or post surgical complications such as epithelial in-growth).
• If enhancements are necessary, will it be covered in your surgery fee?
• Will post operative care be covered by the LASIK practice only, or can you go to your current optometrist. (For example, our fee covers the cost of Post operative care at our office or at your current optometrist, if you prefer).
At Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center we don’t collect any fee until the date of surgery. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Bank Check or Cash. We also offer 24 month interest free payment plans to make your procedure more affordable. With over 300 optometrists in New England currently involved in our co-management program, we would be delighted to speak with your doctor if he/she is not part of our network and is interested in participating.
For more information on discounts and payment options, click here.
Questions? Contact Us Now
Schedule an Exam
Are you a candidate for this life-changing procedure? Call us today to find out at 866-30-CLEAR or click here to have a member of our staff contact you.
We offer 24 months interest free financing. Use your FSA and save up to 30%. Click here to learn more about affordable payment options.